- Monday, September 12th – Monday Morning Mass. Students gather in the junior yard at 7:45 am. We will find our TK buddies and head to mass. Please know students wear their regular uniform, NOT mass uniform.
- Homework Help with Mrs. Z – 3:15-3:45 on Monday. Let me know if you want your child to stay. If you are not there at 3:45, your child will be escorted to Extended Care.
- Thursday, September 15th – School Picture Day – Mass Uniform. Consider a change of clothes for after pictures depending on temperature.
- STAR testing will start this week
Growing up in Northern California and attending Catholic Schools myself, and now as a parent, I know how important it is to have your input and support as the year goes on. No one knows your child better than you do. As a parent, your perception of your child is a valuable resource for me. The more I know and understand about your child, my student, the more effective I can be. I would appreciate it if you would participate in a Parent Homework Assignment that will be of great value to me, and hopefully to you. Sometime in the next week, please write a letter to me introducing your child, and return it to me by September 2nd, or e-mail it to me at email@example.com
Please be honest and complete. I think you will be surprised how heart warming this assignment will be. I’m looking forward to reading your letters. Thank you for taking part in this unusual but important assignment. Your letters will remain confidential. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.
Don’t forget that your child was asked to complete 8 assignments in ALEKs this summer. The assignments have been uploaded and are ready for your child to begin. Some assignments are staggered throughout the month of June. If your child receives a 90% or above on each assignment, they will be eligible to attend the pancake breakfast hosted by the math department in the fall.
Ms. Griffin also emailed and asked for your child to read a historical fiction book this summer. Please contact Ms. Griffin if you have questions about this assignment.
Have a wonderful summer. See you on August 29th!
It has been a very busy week this week and so I thought I would take a minute and send out some reminders.
- Science Astronomy Test tomorrow
- Social Studies test tomorrow on Chapter 5
- Spelling sentences are due
- Vocab cards are due
- Reading log is due
I will be checking Expert Cards again tomorrow. Some students still don’t have their cards memorized yet, so I am checking daily to make sure they are ready for next Wednesday’s Walk Through California onsite activity.
Remember your child will need to come in free dress on Wednesday and dressed as something to do with California history. I am also still looking for a score keeper if you are interested in being here all morning.
- Mass uniform tomorrow for all school mass at 11:15
- We are still in need of donations for our “Beach Party” themed basket for the Carnival auction
- Third grade is collecting cans for a Works of Mercy project due tomorrow
- Padres ticket orders are due to me tomorrow
Thanks so much for all that you do for our school. One more day to go and you have successfully survived your first week back!!